Friday, March 2, 2012

Unworthy

Now of the Jews 5 times recieved I forty stripes save one/
I am an unworthy servant, of God's Son/
I was the reason Jesus Christ shed His blood/
I am unworthy to even be called a servant/
I am reminded of the nails that were hammered into His hands and feet/
I am reminded of the cup of vinegar that He did not drink/
I am reminded of Sulls hill that He climbed/
I am unworthy/
I am reminded of the crown of thorns that dug into His bro/
I am reminded of the wicked mocking crowd/
but they were a slave to their sin only doing their duty/
but I am unworthy/
Then I am reminded of three days later/
I am reminded of my victorious Savior Jesus Christ/
who conquered death and gave me life/
So I could have a hope of being a worthy servant/
I was reminded that I was bought into the family of God/
It wasn't just slave money, it was adoption money/
God in His grace made me worthy/
to not just be a servant but to be called a child of God.

No comments:

Post a Comment