Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Unfocused and Preconcieved thoughts!

Acts 1:6
6 When they therefore were come together, they asked of him, saying, Lord, wilt thou at this time restore again the kingdom to Israel?


    So Jesus umm. you know that thing your talking about? Is that the day You take Your place as King and restore the Kingdom?
    I had to think if I were there in that scene. Would I have asked the same question? Honestly, i probably would have. My thoughts would have been a few days a head instead of focusing on the very moment I was in.
    The question they asked almost makes it seem like they weren't paying attention. But maybe that wasn't the case. They've might have been intensely paying attention and maybe they had a preconceived conclusion.
    Either way you look at this verse there's a couple thing that you can take from it. The first thing I took from it is, be focused on the task at hand and pay attention to the words of God. So many times my mind is off somewhere else, in some kind of candy land or I'm writing a song. I wonder how much more i acould get out of something if I'm completely focused on the task at hand.
   Next thing is that I  shouldn't have any preconceived conclusions. So many times I will go into a situation and have a million different conclusions to how I think it's going to go.


App: today I will focus on the task at hand and I will not have any preconceived conclusions in any situation

No comments:

Post a Comment