Monday, March 5, 2012

A Case for Pride.

Galatians 6:3
For if any man think himself to be something, when he is nothing, he deceiveth himself. I found myself Standing before a judge. Being accused for what I thought were minor sins. Anyways, So the case began.
"Joshua Nickolas Koman, do you swear to tell the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth."
I responded
" I solemnly swear to tell the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth, so help me God."
"good, we shall begin" the Judge continued.
"will you plead your case?"
I hesitated, and my hands started to shake,And  before you could say "Timmy fell down the well" my whole body was shaking like a dog.
"yes your honor."
I stood.
" If you don't mind me asking, what I am being charged for, I would really like to know that first." I slowly sat back down.
"you are being charged with pride." the judge said in a much softer voice then he had been speaking.
"pride? Your honor, please do explain I have the lowest self esteem known to mankind."
"that's the point my child." the judge quickly responded.
"why am I standing before the court of LAW?? I didn't murder anyone, I didn't steal anything!" I frustratedly responded.
"No, but your killing me every time you you make a negative comment about my prize creation, and you steal my joy." he continued. "so in other words yes you are. Your damaging my pride for you."
"Your honor, I don't know what to say"
I humbly responded.
A man on the right side clothed in white stood and said
"don't worry son, your sins our forgiven. Case dismissed."
There was man that stopped me on my way out.
He said "you a child of God and you are greatly loved."

Application:  to day I won't even utter the words "I'm not good enough" or "I'm probably not gonna do a good job"

No comments:

Post a Comment