Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Waiting for the Call.


Acts 1:4
And being assembled together with them, commanded them that they should not depart from Jerusalem, but wait for the promise of the Father, which, saith He, ye have heard of me.
I found myself back in my football pads, and cleats standing on a 120 yard field and not so freshly cut grass. We had just finished one of the last plays, the whistle blew and we were all huddled up or in other words we were assembled together, the clock was running. We had the ball on the 20 yard line just about to score the last touchdown of the game. We were winning and the game was almost over so, one of the things coach wanted us to do is slow down the clock. So, we stayed huddled up and waited for the quarterback to get our next play to win the game. I don’t know why but it always seems like the last minute of the game is the longest minuet of your life. I couldn’t wait to celebrate, get in those locker rooms and head home. I was exhausted and all I really wanted to do is sleep.
                Patience in general is not my strong suit. With certain things and certain people yes I will have patience, but most of the time I don’t. Unfortunately, I can be impatient with God. Sometimes I’ll find myself assuming that God is going to answer my prayers right away. That’s not always the case, sure He will answer them, but sometimes that answer is going to be “wait.”
App: today I will wait till I am the last one in line for waiting for meals, and I will ask God that He gives me patience.

No comments:

Post a Comment