Thursday, September 20, 2012

Correction?

1 Corinthians 8:1
Now as touching things offered unto idols, we know that we all have knowledge. Knowledge puffeth up, but charity edifieth 

There's two ways to correct someone. You can correct them in anger , or you can go to them in love. I can't tell you how many times I've heard, "I'm only telling you this because I love you but you need to. " or, "I'm only telling you this as a brother." As soon as they start with that I know im being corrected. But at least there not using their knowledge to puff themselves up. They weren't using my mistakes to make themselves feel better. They came to me in love and said hey you need to do this better. 
I don't think you can properly edify someone in anger, without love. If you do it in anger it's possible that you can cause the person your talking to become angry. They might say something like, "Well what do you know." or something a long those lines and never actually being corrected. 
There's deffinitely a good reason why Paul writes charity edifieth instead of anger edifieth. Because its very hard to properly correct someone with out love

App: if I come to a point today where I need to correct someone, I'm going to ask God to help me Do it in love.  

No comments:

Post a Comment