Thursday, September 20, 2012

A White Washed Tomb


1 Corinthians 6:19
What? know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own. 
1 Corinthians 6:20
For ye are bought with a price: therefore glorify God in your body, and in your spirit, which are God's.

The first thing I thought of when i read this verse was a temple. Then I began to think of what the inside of a temple would like it. It was difficult for me to imagine what a temple might look so I just swapped the word temple with church. So, the journey in my head through the church I've been working in for the last few months began. I imagined arriving at the two front gates that lead to the actual entrance of the building. Their black and the bars are somewhat dirty, but thankfully it was all ready open and I didn't need the key. The first thing I see is what looks like a front porch that is almost always dirty no matter how many times we clean it. It gets consistently beat up by the wind. Then I walk in a little further and there's the hand marked sliding glass door. This door is also wide open so I'm able to walk right in, and the first thing I notice is the kitchen. The counter is spotless, the pots and pans are organized. The sink is a sparkling silver, and the floor looks like its been recently mopped. I take in a deep breath and I can snell a little bit of the cleaning stuff we use to clean the floor. As I slide across the room  I am distracted by the office door being wide open, so out of curiosity I check it out. Nobody seems to be present but what I see takes me back a few steps. The piano hasn't been properly put way the speakers are upside down. All of the music has been taken out of each folder and thrown in the ground. Basically it's a disaster, it's like a tornado came and blew this place up. Im so shocked I have to look away so I turned around, but what I saw next was even worst. The kids room was well, I'm not even gonna describe it. It's that bad. Then I turn towards the bathroom and the bathroom is spotless. Why? I don't know but I'm glad it was. 
I make my way outside where service is held and it looked like a masterpiece. Chairs were a glowing white and aligned perfectly. The platform had been swept and the weren't any kids toys on the platform. But before I was able to make it all the way I felt like God was telling me to close the door to the office and the door to the kids room. At first I questioned and He said just do and tell me what you see. So I closed both doors. I stepped back and it took me a second before I realized what He was saying. From this point of view this church looks spotless, people might actually want to come. But the only thing they have to do is open two doors to see what a mess it really is. 
So here is my point we are the church or the temple as this verse mentions, we are the temple of the holy ghost, which is in you. Which ye have of God and ye are not your own, for ye are bought with a price and therefore glorify God in your body and your spirit which are Gods. 
How can I fully glorify God if there are things that are holding me back from allowing the holy spirit to freely work through me. I know I've had this as my application but it's been on my heart and so I find myself writing about this topic again. 

App: pray through out the day that God would travel things to me that I may not see that need to change. 

No comments:

Post a Comment