Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Unselfish

1 Corinthians 13:5


"Father not my will but thine be done." Jesus cried as He sweat great drops of blood./
Knowing that very soon He would be hung on a cross for us/
Never insisting on his own way/
Oh what love/
Oh what love I can't wrap my mind around/
He stayed on the cross even though He could have easily come down/
Oh what love/
But then I see my self, I see my self in the mirror/
A word written in His blood above me and it couldn't be any clearer/
Selfish, to often I focus on my self/
To often I want it done my way/
Sometimes I am even rude about it/
It's my way or the highway/
Now what kind of love is that/
who am I to even state that/
When Jusus knew that He would be stuck, and skin wouldn't just scrape but be torn off of His back, yet He took the pain/
So Who am I to tell God no I want it my way/
I have no right to, if Jesus is my example that I follow/
God help me put away my selfish desires/
and to followYou and love You with all of my heart!

No comments:

Post a Comment