Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Rejoice In truth

! Corinthians 13:6
Does not rejoice in iniquity, but rejoices in truth.


It's been a while, you seem so distant/
we were close friends, but now that seems a little distance /
haven't seen you in church in a long time/
Your Bible is a little dusty, what happened?/
Did we rejoice in iniquity to much/
I know in the past I haven't been the best example of Christ love/
I could have been a closer friend, a brother in Christ/
I could've done things different and given you godly advice/
instead I left you to live your own life/
and now I'm watching you walk further and further away/
we both had one foot in the world and one foot in the word/
and when I had both feet in the word I rejoiced in your iniquity/
afraid that our friendship would crash and I would get hurt/
But now I think back/
at the way we used to act/
one foot in one foot out riding the fence/
never helping you realize what was for your best/
I wish some things were different/
I wish I would have been more of a godly example/
I hope Im not to late to rebuild our friendship.

No comments:

Post a Comment