Monday, January 23, 2012

Mark 8:37

Interpertation: As I think back to about January 11th 2004, the day I got I got saved. I can't help but wonder what pricless gifts possibly could have given an exchange for my soul.
   Or what shall a man give in exchange for his soul?
I had a house I called home, a bed, a few toys a nintendo 64 etc. Even if I had given God all those things, it still wouldn't have been enough to redeem my soul. Now I think as far as talents go. I've never really been the most talented kid in the world, sure there was a few things that I was good at. Even I was good at a ton of things it still wouldn't be enough to redeem my soul.
   Yet evin in all my simplemss. He loved me. I didn't to give ANYTHING an exchange For my soul. Jesus paid the price for me.

Through out the night I felt like God had kept asking me a simple question. "What are you giving back?" Then I heard Him say. " You have enough money to buy the things you think you want but none to give back?" A million thoughts thoughts went through my head (it's amazing how many thoughts can go through your head with in the blink of an eye)  then He said "What about your talents I've given You, You have no excuse."

Then He brought to my attention 1 Corinthians 10:31 "Whether ye eat, or drink, or whatsoever ye do all to the glory of God."

Application: I need to fully embrace God's love for me EVERYDAY

1 comment:

  1. Josh, you are right in that there is nothing that any of us can do that is worthy of the sacrifice Christ made for us. I've watched you though, you have so many gifts what matters most is what you do with them. Someone could be the most gifted person in the world and choose not use it for God's glory. As I watch you I see that you are carrying your cross and living for him. Trying to use your gifts in the best way, for God's glory. Your an amazing person and it makes me happy to see God working in your life :)

    ReplyDelete